Each month I keep a list of thoughts, ideas, opinions, and insights that I come across and find interesting. From this list I've selected 5 to share with you:
1. Shake off that erroneous notion that life is there and you're just gonna live in it. Versus embrace it, change it, improve it, make your mark on it...Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again. - Steve Jobs
2. Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now. - Source: The Art of Living
3. Any success takes one in a row. Do one thing well, then another. Once, then once more. Over and over until the end, then it’s one in a row again. - Matthew McConaughey
4. Treat work sessions like you’re going to the cinema to watch a movie. You’re not going to get up to go to the bathroom or grab a snack or chat to a friend. You’re sitting there immersed in the action of watching a movie. - Source
5. Life is an endless struggle against entropy, hence the applicability of biological metaphors to businesses; we don't just impose order directly, but build systems that let us more efficiently increase the local order in the system. This has theoretical constraints, though they're distant; scalable ways to harness energy to fight entropy tend to rely on the massive energy input of the sun (either directly—agriculture and solar power use the same resource to create order—or indirectly, by using up stored solar power in the form of hydrocarbons). - Source
Let me know which thought you enjoyed the most this month.
I appreciate you.